Five Valley Chorus of Sweet Adelines International
$500 Vocal Music Scholarship
The Five Valley Chorus of Sweet Adelines International is awarding a scholarship for $500 to help further the music education of a full-time student enrolled in an accredited learning institution (college or university).
To be eligible for consideration of this scholarship, a student must be a Montana resident and comply with one of the following:
1. Be a graduating high school student who has been enrolled in a formal music program for at least two years.
2. Be presently enrolled in an accredited institution (college or university) and actively participating in music activities
3. Be actively pursuing a college degree while being involved in music activities or pursuing a degree in music education or performance.
The applicant must continue music study through participation in an organized college performance group, but need not be a music major or music minor.
City: _____________________________________ State: __________ Zip Code: ________
Email address: (Print or type - Must be legible) _____________________________________
Phone number: Home: ________________________ Cell: ___________________________
Parent or Guardian (if applicant is under age 18): ___________________________________
High School attended: ________________________________________________________
City: __________________________________ State: _____________ Zip Code: _________
University or College you will be attending:
Name: _________________________________ Address: ____________________________
City: _________________________________ State: ______________ Zip Code: _________
1. Completed application form
2. Unofficial or official High School or College transcript (if presently enrolled in college)
3. VOCAL audition on YouTube or on a compact disc (Be sure your CD will play on computers or on CD players)
4. Choose one piece that is more contemporary, as a contrast to your other piece.
5. List of extra curricular and civic activities
6. Two letters of recommendation (one from a music instructor)
7. Short statement expressing your ambitions and goals
Application will be disqualified if all materials are not attached and received in one package.
DEADLINE: April 1, 2017 (must be received by this date.)
Send completed application and tape or CD to:
Five Valley Chorus Scholarship Fund
Sweet Adelines International
Attention: Judy C. Lange
P. O. Box 1630
Lolo, Montana 59847
The selection committee will make its decision based on all of the above information. In the event of a tie, it is possible that a scholarship will be split evenly between the two candidates. Funds will be paid directly to the student upon proof of their enrollment in the university or college of their choice.
A Scholarship recipient who fails to enroll in an accredited college or university in the academic year following this award will forfeit this scholarship. One who withdraws from college and does not transfer to another accredited insitution will forfeit any unused portion of this award.
VERIFICATION: The above information is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Applicant's Signature: _____________________________________________________
If you wish your CD to be returned, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped (padded) envelope or a CD mailer.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
An announcement will be sent to the recipient, their school, and the local newspaper by the middle of May, 2017.
An announcement will also appear on the Five Valley Chorus' website, http://fivevalleysweetadelines.com, approximately four to eight weeks after the deadline date.
The successful recipient will be required to submit an 8X10 and a 3X5 photo by July 1 to be used in publications. The photographs will not be returned. You may submit digital photos.
If you have any questions, please call Judy at 406-273-2491 or email at email@example.com